A great way to do steak with a crispy fried element. This dish has incredible texture!
- 6 Tenderloin Filet Steaks (6-8 oz each)
- 4 Tbsp Croix Valley All Meat Rub 🛒
- 2 large Portobello Mushroom Caps, Diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Clarified Butter
- 5 Strips Bacon
- 1 tsp, White Truffle Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Croix Valley Original Steak Sauce 🛒
- 1 Cup Croix Valley Hot ‘n Spicy Sauce & Marinade 🛒
- 2 cups Canola Oil
- 2 cups Flour
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon strips until bacon becomes translucent and begins to brown. Remove from pan, allow to cool and dice.
- In same pan, add clarified butter, diced onion, 1 minced garlic clove and mushrooms. Cook until onions begin to caramelize. Add back in diced bacon and cook until mushrooms are tender and bacon is cooked throughout. Remove from heat and stir in truffle oil.
- Bring steaks to room temperature. With 2 Tbsp of All Meat rub, season both sides of all pieces of steak. Season both sides again with steak and chop seasoning.
In skillet on stove, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Separate sliced onion into rings and coat in a bowl with Hot ‘n Spicy Sauce.
In separate Bowl, mix Flour with remaining 2 Tbsp of All meat Rub.
- Dredge onion rings in flour and fry in oil until outsides are brown and crispy.
- Grill Filet over medium-high heat until desired doneness (medium rare). Baste with Croix Valley Original Steak Sauce.
- Place a base of Bacon-Portobello mixture on plate. Place grilled steak on top of mushrooms and top with spicy onion straws.