A true delight for the taste buds rests with this amazing burger that’s not only big enough to satisfy a lumberjack’s hunger pains, but is easy enough to prepare any time you fire up the grill.
Prep time:10 minutes
Total time:30 minutes
With a combination of cheeses, bacon, beef and bratwurst, there’s no need for overly complicated ingredients and techniques to pull off the flavors found here. Light the coals, grab a drink and enjoy the hearty Mountain Man Burger!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 lb. Fresh Bratwurst
- 2 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices Swiss Cheese
- Lettuce, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked
- 2 Pretzel Buns
- Raw Red Onion, sliced thin
- Croix Valley Honey Dijon Barbecue ‘n Brat Sauce, or Damon’s Carolina Sauce
- Steak Sauce
- Remove fresh bratwurst meat from its casings. Form beef and bratwurst into ¼ lb. patties (4 patties total), season with salt & pepper and grill over medium high heat of approx. 375-400⁰.
- When burgers are done to desired temperature, melt Cheddar Cheese on beef patties and Swiss Cheese on Bratwurst patties.
- Assemble burger by placing shredded lettuce atop bottom of pretzel bun, add beef patty and top with steak sauce, add bratwurst patty and top with Barbecue ‘n Brat (or Carolina) sauce, top with sliced onion, 2 strips of bacon and top bun.