This recipe for Caprese-Stuffed Pork Loin relies upon the smoky flavors of the grill to elevate the creaminess of the fresh salad, while wrapping it into a juicy pork loin.
With tender grilled pork bursting with flavors of the Old Country, this is an absolute must-try recipe the next time you light the coals.
- 4 – 5 lb pork loin
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 – 5 fresh mozzarella slices
- 5 leaves fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Croix Valley Memphis Rub and/or
- Croix Valley Italian Rub
- Lumber Jack 100% Apple BBQ Pellets
- With sharp knife, cut the pork lengthwise begging on the side and rolling the meat against the knife until the tenderloin lays out flat (about ½” thick).
- Coat both sides of the pork with olive oil and evenly coat with Memphis Rub or Italian Rub.
In the middle of the pork, place layer of cheese, then tomato, then basil and roll or wrap the pork loin back up, utilizing bamboo skewers to hold meat in place.
- Transfer to indirect heat in a covered 400°F grill. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes per side, turning once until internal temperature of the meat has reached 160°F.
- Let meat rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.