This recipe gets the early bird out of the kitchen to smell the fresh air and makes for a tasty, healthier alternative to omelettes prepared in a pan.
Prep time:45 minutes
Total time:25 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1 hamsteak (cubed)
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 small white onion
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp Croix Valley Spicy Barbecue Booster 🛒
- Cut the top off the peppers and remove the seeds.
- Dice the mushrooms and the onion.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Combine hamsteak, mushrooms and onions in another bowl.
- Place hamsteak, mushrooms and onions equally into the bell peppers. Add whisked eggs.
- Top with shredded cheese and sprinkle with Barbecue Booster.
- Place on a 350° grill over indirect heat and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until the eggs or firm. Test firmness by inserting a knife in the center of the eggs. Eggs are set when the knife comes out clean.
- Cooking on the grill isn’t simply an afternoon or evening affair, but it’s something that can be enjoyed any time of the day. Waking up to prepare a breakfast meal on the grill can be a brisk start to the morning that yields amazing flavors typically reserved for mid-day culinary adventure.