This recipe won 1st place in Chile Pepper Magazine Awards in 2013 & 2014.
Prep time:30 minutes
Total time:1.5 hours
- 1 lb ground beef (large chili grind recommended)
- 1 lb ground pork (or breakfast sausage)
- 1 each yellow onion
- 1 each green bell pepper
- 1 each red bell pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 6 – 8 tbsp SuckleBusters Texas Chili Powder
- Brown the chili meat and sausage in a large skillet. Drain and discard the excess drippings. Add the browned meat to a large dutch oven or 6-quart cooking pot.
- Finely chop the onion and bell peppers, add to the dutch oven, cook until translucent.
- Add the beef broth, tomato sauce and chili powder. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Bring to a low boil, cover, then reduce temperature to a simmer for 1 hour, stirring often. Add water as needed and salt to taste.
- Remove from heat, serve in bowls top with chopped onions and shredded cheese. This recipe won 1st place in Chile Pepper Magazine Awards in 2013 & 2014. Enjoy!