This is a great, fun and different appetizer. These big meaty treats will really fill you up!
Prep time:30 minutes +overnight
Total time:2.5 hours
- 10 Manicotti shells
- 20 slices of bacon
- 1lb ground pork
- Croix Valley Kansas City Rub
- Croix Valley Blue-B-Cue Sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl mix pork, Kansas City Rub and cheese together
- Carefully stuff each shell with the meat mixture, stuff half in one side then the other side
- Wrap each shell with 2 slices of bacon, ensure to completely cover the shell in bacon
- Dust each shell with Kansas City Rub
- Place in fridge overnight, this will allow moisture to seep into the pasta shell, softening it
- When ready to cook, pre-heat smoker to 250F
- Smoke for 1.5 hrs
- Bump temperature to 350F
- Brush each shell with Blue-B-Cue sauce and cook 10 min
- Rotate shells and brush other side with sauce and cook 10 more min.
- Remove and serve
- Can cut each shell in half for service as it is a rather large bite.