Giant, succulent shrimp are can be the jewels of the sea when prepared properly and not overdone. My recipe for Grilled Coconut Curry Shrimp with Apricot Dipping Sauce is a healthier option than deep-frying this favorite dish and, without the breadcrumbs commonly found in coconut shrimp recipes, makes for a gluten-free option everyone can enjoy. With the subtle hint of curry in the backdrop of the tropical flavors, this is simply the most amazing coconut shrimp you could possibly imagine!
- 2 pound 6-8 count shrimp (large shrimp) – peeled and deveined
- ½ cup cream of coconut
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 7 oz. bag shredded coconut
- Cooking oil spray
Apricot Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/8 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup Croix Valley Honey Dijon Barbecue ‘N Brat Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Combine cream of coconut and curry powder in a bowl or plastic baggie. Add shrimp. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Put shredded coconut in food processor and chop until fine.
- Combine Apricot Dipping Sauce ingredients completely, cover and place in refrigerator.
- After 30 minutes have passed, remove shrimp from coconut curry marinade, cover completely with finely chopped coconut, and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Place shrimp on a 375⁰ grill for 8-10 minutes, or until fully cooked and coconut is beginning to brown.
- Serve shrimp immediately with Apricot Dipping Sauce.