Baby back ribs are a backyard classic and this recipe brings them to a whole new level. They are sweet, sticky and sure to be a family favorite. Serve with your choice of side for a fantastic meal!
- 1 rack Baby Back Ribs
- Green Onions
- 1 cup Croix Valley Foods Garlic Ginger Teriyaki BBQ & Wing Sauce
- 1 cup Croix Valley Foods Sweet Heat BBQ Dry Rub
- Heat grill to 350 degrees. If using a charcoal grill, add Hickory, Oak, or Apple chunks. If using a pellet grill or gas grill with a pellet smoker tray, add Hickory, Oak or Apple BBQ pellets.
- Remove membrane from back of ribs. The easiest method is to use a knife or your fingers to pull up a corner of the membrane on the end of the ribs. Grasp the membrane firmly with a paper towel and pull it off in one smooth motion. Clean off any portions that may have ripped off.
- Completely combine all the rub ingredients and cover ribs. To help impart more flavor, wrap the ribs tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. If you don’t have the time, just letting them rest and absorb the rub while you heat up the grill will suffice.
- Place ribs on grill, meat side up, and smoke until temperature of center rib is approximately 170 degrees and ribs start to darken (approximately 1.5-2 hours depending on the thickness of your ribs). Remove ribs from grill and wrap tightly in foil.
- Return ribs to grill (again, meat side up) in the foil wrap and continue cooking until the meat starts to pull back from the bones and the ribs are tender to the point of almost falling apart when you bend them. The internal temperature of the center rib will be approximately 200 degrees.
- Whisk together all glaze ingredients and heat in grill in a cast iron pot.
- Remove ribs from foil and return to grill, meat side up. Brush with heated glaze and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, continuing to brush on glaze as desired.
- Remove ribs from grill and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes prior to cutting. Serve with finely diced green onions and additional glaze for dipping.