Buffalo Chicken Wings have been a popular bar food for years, deep fried and slathered in Buffalo Hot Sauce. The heat from the cayenne pepper sauce buffered with melted butter is the perfect eat-as-much-as-you-can appetizer for snacking. My recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatballs is a fusion of the Buffalo Wing appetizer and Italian Meatballs. The addition of herbs and spices into this dish makes for an amazing treat you’ll want to make again and again.
- 1.75 pounds chicken thighs (boneless & skinless)
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Croix Valley Italian Barbecue Booster
- 2 Tbsp Croix Valley Garlic Barbecue Booster
- 3/4 cup Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Place chicken and egg in food processor and chop.
- Combine with bread crumbs, onion, garlic, parmesan cheese, Barbecue Booster and Italian seasoning.
- Form into golf ball size meatballs (appx. 12-15 meatballs). Place three meatballs together on a skewer.
- Place on 375⁰ grill over indirect heat, turning every 4-5 minutes. Cook until they are firm to the touch and reach an internal temperature of 165⁰.
- Heat hot sauce and butter in saucepan until melted and fully combined to make Buffalo Sauce.
- Baste meatballs with Buffalo Sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing.